Sunday, December 10, 2006

O, GLORIOUS, IS WILL

Cast the dye, I’ll take my lot,
Today,
Among the working men this way,
Not for bread or a chalet.
For, today I’ve made the Day.
Far from great I sit this date,
Victory, not, in heights and lights,
But over my simple delights.
Passion conquered, treaded down.
Victory! With battle axe I do resound,
For what are danger, death, and toil,
I bring my battle axe to soil,
What ever comes across my path.
For, I weld the Battle Axe.

O sharpened steel, O glistening blade,
With you who can draw the shade?
Wallow not in yellow mire,
Burn will I in fiercest fire.
Let me stand with men of old,
Slay the dragons, take the gold.
Or point my mighty stag,
Toward home. For here I stand,
I’ll take the day.
For wit have I, and blood to pay.


- C. R. Honsinger

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not bad....A true parnassian.